The HP Designjet T2300 is a large format color printer and scanner located at the Student Computing Services (SCS) desk on Level 2.
|Students, staff, faculty||Other patrons|
|Printing||$3 per square foot||$5 per square foot|
|Scanning||$3 per scan||$5 per scan|
|Copying||Print cost only||Print cost only|
The T2300 prints on semigloss paper, up to 42" wide. To print, bring your file to the SCS desk as a JPEG or TIFF on a flash drive. The image should be set to your desired dimensions, with at least one side that is less than or equal to 41.6", to account for .2" margins. At the SCS desk, staff will verify the size of your print and give you a slip with its cost. After paying at the Reserve desk and bringing your receipt back to the SCS desk, your document will be printed.
Formatting your document in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Go to the Design tab > Page Setup (Windows) or the File menu > Page Setup (OS X) to set the width and height of your poster.
- If necessary, resize your document to fit the page.
- Go to File > Save As. Under Save as type (Windows) or Format (OS X), select PDF.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Photoshop and follow the instructions below to save it as a JPEG or TIFF.
Formatting your document in Adobe Photoshop
- With the document open, go to Image > Image Size. Verify that the width, height, and resolution are correct. Click OK.
- Go to File > Save As. Under Format, select JPEG or TIFF. Choose a location and file name for your file and click Save. Click OK on the default save settings.
The T2300 can scan a document up to 36" wide at up to 600 dpi. There is no length limitation, but it must be a loose, unbound document. At the SCS desk, staff will give you a slip with the cost of your scan. After paying at the Reserve desk and bringing your receipt back to the SCS desk, your document will be scanned. You can save a scanned document to your flash drive as a TIFF, JPEG, or PDF file. Alternatively, you can print the scanned document for the cost of printing (the scanning charge will be waived).