Copy & Print
The easiest way to pay for prints or copies is with a UCard. You can add cash at a UCard kiosk (located on Level 2 in the Knowledge Commons) or use a card at ucard.utah.edu > My UCard Account. If you don't have a UCard, you can pay for prints with card or check at the Level 1 and 3 Information & Security desks, or you can purchase a visitor card at a UCard kiosk with cash.
You can print from any computer on Levels 1 and 2 of the Marriott Library or in the outer computer labs. Unprinted jobs are deleted after two hours. In the Knowledge Commons, you can also print on 11"x17" paper (also known as ledger or tabloid paper) if you format your document for 11"x17" printing and use the printers adjacent to the Knowledge Commons desk.
- Black & white: With UCard, 8¢ per one-sided sheet, 14¢ per two-sided sheet.
- Color: With UCard, 25¢ per one-sided sheet, 40¢ per two-sided sheet.
You can print on the UConnect wireless network after following the instructions below. Once set up, simply go to File > Print in any application and select the desired printer. Your print job will show up under the username on your computer rather than your uNID.
The Marriott Library Mac Wireless Print Management Installer will automatically install Pharos Popup and add the desired print queues to your laptop.
- MLib Lv2 Knowledge Commons (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/kcq-1
- MLib Lv2 Knowledge Commons (Color): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/kcq-7
- MLib Lv1 Stacks (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/pubq-1
- MLib Lv2 Stacks (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/pubq-2
- MLib Lv3 Family Reading Room (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/frrq-1
- Union Lab Downstairs (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/unionq-1
- Union Lab Downstairs (Color): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/unionq-3
- Benchmark Bldg. 820 (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/benchq-1
- Benchmark Bldg. 820 (Color): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/benchq-2
- Marriott Honors Community (B&W): popup://pharosprntserv1.ucard.utah.edu/mrsc_m602dnq
Install the print queue you'd like to access using an installer below:
- Locate Notepad in the start menu, right click it, and choose "Run as administrator".
- In Notepad, go to File > Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Change the "Text Documents (*.txt)" dropdown to "All Files (*.*)".
- Select the "hosts" file and click Open.
- Add the following two lines to the end of this file:
- Close Notepad and save the file.
To enable two-sided printing:
- Open devices and printers through the Control Panel.
- Right click the desired printer and choose Printer Properties.
- On the Device Settings tab, scroll down to Installable Options: Duplex Unit (for 2-Sided Printing). Change it from Not Installed to Installed. Click OK.
- When you print a document, configure it for two-sided printing. This setting may be found under preferences after going to File > Print, but it varies by application.
The HP Designjet T2300, located at the Knowledge Commons desk on Level 2, prints on matte or semigloss paper. To print, bring your file to the desk as a JPEG or TIFF on a flash drive. The image should be set to your desired resolution and dimensions, with at least one side that is less than or equal to 41.6". A 0.2" margin will be added to each side of the image.
Pricing: For University of Utah students, staff, and faculty, $2.88 per square foot. For other patrons, $5.76 per square foot.
Departmental payment: Departments can pay for printing with a UShop Print & Carry PO or with a PCard (in person or over the phone).
- Go to File > Save As. Select PDF for the file type.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Photoshop. Verify that the width and height are correct and click OK.
- Check for errors and check the image quality (zoom with View > Zoom In).
- Go to File > Save As. Select JPEG for the file type. Click Save and OK.
Copying & Scanning
Book scanners are available at the southwest corner of Level 3, by Course Reserves. From these stations, you can save to a file or print. There are various scanners available in the Knowledge Commons, including flatbed scanners, feeder scanners, and a film scanner.
Copy machines are located by the Levels 1 and 2 General Collection and accept a UCard (or visitor card). The Level 1 Information & Security desk or Level 2 Knowledge Commons desk is also able to copy up to 20 loose sheets.
For large scans, there is a scanner in the Fine Arts & Architecture library (Marriott Library Level 2) that scans up to 23.4" x 33.1" and is free to use. There is also a 36" wide feeding scanner in the Knowledge Commons that allows you to save to a flash drive. There is no length limitation, but it must be a loose, unbound document.
- Standard black & white: With UCard, 8¢ per printed side.