Did you know that the Marriott Library provides special resources for distance education students?
Where do I start?
- USearch - Usearch combines the catalogs of the Marriott, Faust, Eccles and McKay libraries, online articles, ebooks, digital collections into one search engine.
- Databases - The University of Utah provides access to hundreds of research databases in many subject areas.
As I'm not on campus, what can I get at home?
- Almost anything! Many library resources are available electronically, often just a few clicks away. If you need a physical book, it can be delivered to your mailing address.
How do I get it?
- Digital resources - You will need a uNID (University Network ID) and password to access online library resources (the same log on and password you use to register for classes). For more help, check out the USearch Guide.
- Physical objects (books, DVDs) - If we have a book that you'd like sent to you, request items in Usearch by clicking the "Get It" tab. Click on the "Request" button. Follow the request pages and enter a note stating that you are a distance student (you can always direct questions to our Collections Services department). If what you need is not available from the Marriott Library, use Interlibrary Loan (more information about ILL can be found on the ILL Subject Guide).