Family Reading Room
Students: bring your kids and get some work done!
A room intended for use by U of U student parents/guardians accompanied by children under the age of 12.
The Family Reading Room is reserved for University of Utah students, faculty, staff and their families.
- Parents/guardians must have their children present in the Family Reading Room or be actively using the Lactation Room in order to use this space.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children's safety and behavior.
- Children under 12 should be supervised at all times.
- Children may not be left alone in the room for any reason at any time Library staff cannot oversee unescorted or unsupervised children, nor be responsible for their safety.
- If an unsupervised child comes to the attention of library personnel, University of Utah Police will be contacted.
- If your valid UCard is not working on the door please see the Library Information Desk on level 3.
- Desktop computers for you to use.
- A printer is located outside the entrance.
- Lactation Room that can accommodate up to four people.
- Books, toys, and activities to occupy your children while you are working
- Juvenile Collection is located just outside of the Family Reading Room (on the northwest corner of the library). These books may be checked out at the Library Information Desks on Level 1 and Level 3.
- Apple TV. The remote may be requested at the Level 3 Library Information Desk.
- Two reservable family study rooms (rooms 3400C and 3400D) that can accommodate up to four people each. Parents/guardians must have their children present in the Family Reading Room in order to use these study rooms and are responsible for their children’s’ safety and behavior.
- Family/Inclusive restrooms with baby changing stations are located in the Family Reading Room, Level 2 next to the Writing Center, and Level 5 next to the entrance of the Library Administration Suite.