Family Reading Room
Students: bring your kids and get some work done!
A room intended for use by U of U student parents/guardians accompanied by children under the age of 12.
The Family Reading Room is reserved for University of Utah students, faculty, staff and their families.
- Parents/guardians must have their children present in the Family Reading Room or be actively using the Lactation Room in order to use this space.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for their children's safety and behavior.
- Children under 12 should be supervised at all times.
- Children may not be left alone in the room for any reason at any time Library staff cannot oversee unescorted or unsupervised children, nor be responsible for their safety.
- If an unsupervised child comes to the attention of library personnel, University of Utah Police will be contacted.
- If your valid UCard is not working on the door please see the Security & Information Desk on level 3.
- Desktop computers for you to use.
- Printer so you do not have to leave the room to print.
- Lactation Room that can accommodate up to four people.
- Books, toys, and activities to occupy your children while you are working
- Juvenile Collection is located just outside of the Family Reading Room (on the northwest corner of the library). These books may be checked out at the Security Desks on Level 1 and Level 3.
- Apple TV
- Two reservable family study rooms (rooms 3400C and 3400D) that can accommodate up to four people each. These rooms require a reservation and can be reserved at any library service desk. Parents/guardians must have their children present in the Family Reading Room in order to use these study rooms and are responsible for their children’s’ safety and behavior.
- Family/Gender Neutral restrooms with baby changing stations are located on Level 2 next to the Writing Center and Level 5 next to the entrance of the Library Administration Suite. A family restroom is coming to the Family Reading Room in late 2019!
- Additional outlet covers may be requested at the Level 3 service desk, if needed.