Events & Scheduling
The Marriott Library provides the University community with a variety of spaces for individual and collaborative research, study, and instruction. We have the Gould Auditorium for larger events and meetings available for reservation. We provide table space in the lobbies of the library by the entrances on the 1st and 3rd floors. The library also has 18 classrooms and 12 study rooms available for reservation. Six of the classrooms are reserved through the Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling, while the other 12 can be reserved through the library's Events & Scheduling team. Two of the study rooms are in the Family Reading Room for those who will have children with them here in the library on the day of their reservation. There are also 18 study rooms that are available for drop-in use.
Current University of Utah students, faculty, and staff may request use of library resources, services, and facilities. Public visitors may use the reservable rooms/spaces only as participants in University or library-sponsored activities.
While using a room/space:
- All library policies must be followed while using the reserved spaces.
- Food/drink are allowed in all areas of the library on floors 1, 2, and 3. If you spill something, please notify a library employee immediately so that we can clean it up quickly. Wipes are provided on levels 1, 2, and 3 to clean tables.
- We ask that you not move the furniture provided by the library in all reservable rooms/spaces, except in 1140 and the 1705 Suite where the furniture is on wheels and self service. Furniture should be left in good order when a reservation has come to an end.
Library spaces that are scheduled through the Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling include:
- MLIB 1130, 1150, 1160, 1715, 1725 & 1735
- Marriott Library East & West Plazas
For more information, please refer to the tabs on the upper left side of this page. There is a request form for each space. You may view the calendar of the rooms by logging into our scheduling system. Please contact the Events & Scheduling Coordinator with any questions.
Events & Scheduling Coordinator