Classrooms and study rooms are intended to be used for educational purposes and the legitimate business of the University. Current University of Utah students, faculty, and staff have priority in the use of library resources, services, and facilities. Public visitors may use these classrooms and study rooms only as participants in University- or library-sponsored activities.
Classrooms in the Marriott Library are scheduled by the Library Events & Scheduling team and by the Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling.
- Classrooms and schedulable study rooms must be reserved in order to use the space.
- Be respectful of others and remember the rooms are not sound-proof.
- Food is permitted in classrooms and study rooms. Respect the Marriott Library food and drink policies.
- Any patron, including public visitors, must observe all Marriott Library Patron Policies and Responsibilities.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended at any time. If you notice items left unattended, immediately turn them in at the Lost and Found located at the Level 1 Information and Security desk near the West Entrance.
- Leave rooms in good order for the next user.
- Please dispose of wrappers and containers in the proper trash receptacles.
- If you spill something, please notify a library employee immediately so that we can clean it up quickly.
- If there is a conflict with your reservation or an issue with the space, contact the Library Events & Scheduling Coordinator or Library Security at either library entrance desk. For technology-related issues, contact the Knowledge Commons Desk.
- Any patron, including public visitors, whose reservations or behaviors violate these policies, may be subject to review, their reservation(s) may be subject to cancellation, and their access to the scheduling system removed.
- Room capacities must be observed.
- Mobile furnishings should be left in an orderly arrangement for the next course or class. Additional tables and seating are not available for classrooms.
- When reserving a room for a semester-long course, the projected course enrollment must be at least two-thirds of the capacity of the classroom. Courses with final enrollment below two-thirds of the capacity will retain the right to use a room, but may be asked to use a similar lower-capacity room instead, if available. Petition for exceptions with compelling reason may be considered.
- When reserving a room for a short-term/one-time reservation, the expected amount of occupants must be at least two-thirds of the capacity of the room. If the number of occupants is not above two-thirds of capacity during use, the occupants may be asked to use a similar lower-capacity room that fits their group size.
Please review all Classroom and Study Room Policies before requesting a reservation.
- Library-scheduled Lecture Classrooms: MLIB 1140, 1170, and 2008.
- Library-scheduled Computer Classrooms: MLIB 1008 (MAC), 1009 (VR Classroom), 1110 (MAC), 1120 (MAC), and 1745 (MAC).
- Single Event Classrooms Only: 1705A, 2008, 2130N (Hoopes Seminar Room), and 4390 (Dee Special Collections Classroom).
- To make a semester long reservation, contact the Library Events & Scheduling Coordinator, or your Campus Department Scheduler. For a single event/one time reservation, please fill out the Classroom/Event Space Request Form.
- Depending on the intended use, there is a limit to how far in advance a reservation can be made, please view our complete Classroom and Study Room Policy.
- Please notify us as soon as possible to any changes or cancellations so the space can be used by someone else. You can request changes in writing by emailing the Library Events & Scheduling Coordinator.
- University-scheduled Lecture Classrooms: MLIB 1130 , 1150, 1715, and 1725.
- University-scheduled Computer Classrooms: MLIB 1735 (PC) and 1160 (PC).
- To request a semester-long or one-time reservation for one of these rooms, contact Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling.
- For day-of-use, contact the Library Events & Scheduling Coordinator, or Library Security & Information Desk staff.
Events & Scheduling Coordinator
Email Knowledge Commons
Live Chat -