Friends of the Marriott Library
For more than 40 years the Friends of the Marriott Library have helped the Marriott Library serve the University of Utah and our Intermountain community. The Friends have helped the library to acquire important collection materials and to encourage others to enjoy and appreciate the excellent materials and resources of the library through a series of annual events. The Friends also have developed a fund to support an annual research grant to encourage scholars' use of the special resources of the Marriott Library’s Special Collections holdings.
Friends of the Marriott Library Mission
- To provide for enrichment of learning, promote the public welfare and cultural opportunities through library programs.
- To sponsor lectures, informal discussion groups, exhibits, and other means for people to become acquainted and share their enthusiasm for learning, books, and other library media.
- To organize alumni and other friends of the University of Utah to participate in efforts to broaden public understanding and appreciation of the facilities, collections, work, and activities of the Marriott Library.
- To assist in expanding the resources of the library by encouraging monetary gifts, bequests and memorials, and the donation of collections and other library materials.
- To acquire unique publications and to publish significant works based on unusual holdings in possession of the Marriott Library.
Friends of the Marriott Library Board 2020-2021
Juli Hinz, Chair
Ann Staples, Vice Chair
Alberta Comer, Alice Sheets Marriott Dean of Libraries
Gregory C. Thompson, Treasurer/Library Advisor
Online Contact Form
Afternoon Lecture: Books and Authors Series
Aileen H. Clyde 20th Century Women's Legacy Archive
Mitsugi M. Kasai Memorial Japanese American Archive
Friends of the Marriott Library Benefits and Events
Friends of the Library Research Grant