Marriott Library supports authors at the University of Utah! We offer personalized book and journal reading recommendations, finding the right publisher or conference, understanding copyright, learning how to craft authorship policies for your research group, and more. Reach out to the Scholarly Communication & Copyright Librarian for:
- Journal articles and books tailored to you
- Conferences, journals, book publishers for your research
- Open access options for your research
- Managing your copyright and the use of others' works
- Publishing terms and agreements
- Determining authorship
- Research strategy using the Scholarly Communication Questionnaire (below; fillable pdf also available)
- Develop written authorship policies for your research group (online course forthcoming)
- Getting Published (a Research Education course)
- Predatory Journals (REd course)
The Scholarly Communication Questionnaire
Articulate your original, independent research agenda
Discover the trajectory of your discipline
Strategize to advance your discipline
- What do you consider your research area to be?
- Are there key historical moments that have influenced what your peers study today?
- Are there big changes going on in your discipline right now?
- What research outputs are common in your field?
- What research outputs do your peers value?
- What are the research expectations for your department or college?
- What questions would you like to investigate?
- What works could the library purchase to support your research (**up to $2,000**)?
Librarian, Scholarly Communication & Copyright
Office Hours: M-F 3:00-4:00 pm or by appointment
Marriott Library 5th floor -- ask at Admin desk