1705 Suite Spaces
The 1705 Suite is designed to provide J. Willard Marriott Library and the 1705 Suite Library Partners with a multipurpose space suitable for large gatherings, and when possible, provide a multipurpose space for campus faculty events. There are two meeting rooms within the 1705 Suite, 1705 Meeting Space and 1705F. The 1705 Meeting Space can be reserved for a J. Willard Marriott Library employee, a 1705 Suite Library Partner, or a University of Utah Faculty member for a faculty focused event. The 1705F space may be reserved for J. Willard Marriott Library employees and 1705 Suite Library Partners.
- University of Utah Faculty members and University departments may reserve the 1705 Meeting Space for faculty focused events no more than 90 days prior to the event.
- All details of your request, including catering details, must be submitted via the Classroom/Event Space Request Form.
- There is no charge to use the Faculty Center; however, a billable chartfield is required to confirm a reservation for departments not located in the Marriott Library. The Marriott Library reserves the right to cancel an event if the chartfield provided is incorrect or is unknown.
- Fees may be assessed after the event has taken place under these circumstances:
- All events must begin and end within posted 1705 Suite open hours. Holidays and breaks have reduced hours. Exceptions may be allowed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the Dean prior to reservation. Such events are subject to a $50 charge for each hour (or portion thereof) that the event extends beyond the Library's posted hours.
- If the event creates a need for cleanup and custodial beyond typical daily maintenance, a $200 cleanup fee will be charged.
- Fees may be assessed in the event of damage to the room or its equipment.
- Fees may be assessed according to the Recording Service policy.
- Coordinating with caterers and other outside service providers is the responsibility of the event organizers. If Marriott Library staff is required to meet caterers, etc., there will be a $50 fee. Caterers and other outside service providers must use public entrances to the building.
- Decorations or other modifications to the room must be temporary and fully removable or reversible; adhesive products such as cellophane tape, duct tape, and glues are not permitted, nor is it permitted to use nails, screws, or staples on the walls or ceiling. Removable adhesive products, such as 3M Command strips, are permitted, but are not provided by the Library. Any decorations or signage must be taken down at the end of the reservation. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
- All event attendees, whether or not affiliated with the University of Utah, are required to abide by the Library's policies of patron behavior.
- Buying or selling of goods or services and soliciting donations of any kind is not allowed in the Marriott Library without prior approval of the Director of Facilities and Operations.
- The total capacity for both 1705 Meeting Space and 1705F is 70.
- Additional audio amplification beyond the built-in audio is not allowed due to workspace proximity.
- In unusual circumstances, events may be granted an exception to the policies listed, particularly for campus-wide events, but must be approved by the Dean and University Librarian prior to reservation.