Researcher and Author Services
Marriott Library supports the development and transfer of new knowledge by providing information and services about the various stages of research and authorship. The services are informed by the fundamentals of academic authorship developed by Allyson Mower.
The Scholarly Communication Reference Interview
Articulate your original, independent research agenda
Discover the trajectory of your discipline
Strategize to advance your discipline
- What do you consider your research area to be?
- Are there key historical moments that have influenced what your peers study today?
- Are there big changes going on in your discipline right now?
- What research outputs are common in your field?
- What research outputs do your peers value?
- What are the research expectations for your department or college?
- What questions would you like to investigate?
- What works could the library purchase to support your research (**up to $2,000**)?
- Which library service would further your research?
- Find and evaluate information in your field
- Manage data during the research process
- Manipulate, process, analyze, and visualize data
- Locate primary materials in Special Collections or Digital Library
- Migrate paper and/or pdf files to an open text standard for manuscripts (faculty only)
- Get information about copyright
- Track details about the use of copyrighted works
- Find freelance copyeditors and proofreaders
- Assistance with the terms of a publishing agreement
- Establish cost-share, dept-level open access or subvention publishing fund
- Explore ways of partnering with publishers to the benefit of U of U authors and readers
- Help generate individual ORCIDs
- Find places to present , exhibit, and publish your journal article or book
- Archive your data and the products your research
If you would like to talk through these questions in person or discuss library funding and purchasing options that would best support your research, use Allyson Mower's contact information on the right to set up an appointment. You can also drop-in during office hours.
Head of Scholarly Communication & Copyright
Office Hours: M-F 3:30-4:30 pm or by appointment
Marriott Library 5th floor -- ask at Admin desk