Individuals affiliated with the University or sponsored by the University can request to use a table space in the lobby of the Marriott Library for the purpose of distributing information to patrons, students or staff. Groups or individuals outside the University of Utah cannot schedule a table space in the Marriott Library. A table and chairs will be provided and placed in the lobby at either the West or East Entrance of the library.
Marriott Library lobby table spaces can only be scheduled by individuals affiliated with the University or sponsored by the University. Any other entities wanting to use the space are no longer considered.
There is no usage fee for reserving a table space in the library; however, a billable chartfield must be provided to the Marriott Library Events & Scheduling Coordinator before a reservation can be confirmed. A chartfield is required to verify the request is for a University Department. If the reservation is canceled less than 24 hours before the scheduled time, it will result in a cancellation fee of $50. The Marriott Library reserves the right to deny a reservation if a chartfield cannot be arranged prior to the scheduled time.
- Passing petitions, conducting surveys, distributing pamphlets or other materials directly or indirectly to library patrons, students, or staff is permitted at the table space during your reservation if approved by the library and the University and represents an academic or University purpose.
- Giving out baked, home cooked, or prepared food is prohibited; this includes prepared food from caterers.
- Decorations or modifications to the lobby table space should be limited to temporary decorations that do not require mounting objects from the ceiling or walls using implements or adhesives, including tape - 3M Command products are permitted but are not provided by the library.
- There must be an individual present at the table provided for length of the reservation, no exhibitions may be left on the table unattended.
- A table space must be reserved a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Music is not permitted in the Marriott Library lobby.
- Library entrances, exits, corridors, hallways, and stairwells must be kept unobstructed at all times.
- Venders should not harass or aggressively approach library patrons.
- Tables and chairs provided by the library may not be moved to a different location, including outside. The Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling is responsible for outside reservations.