NOTICE: The Simple Video Studio has replaced the legacy One Button Studio. It's still simple, but is no longer controlled by a single button.
The Simple Video Studio (MLIB 2500B) is located in the Fine Arts & Architecture Library.
Recording sessions, up to one hour long, are available anytime the library is open. Reservations must be made in advance. Use the Library's Room & Space Scheduler to make a reservation: https://lib.utah.edu/spaces/
Professional Video Recording
The Simple Video Studio in the J Willard Marriott Library is an easy-to-use video production studio that requires no prior video production experience.
The Simple Video Studio allows you to create high-quality and polished video projects without having to know anything about lights and cameras. You only need to bring a flash drive (portable USB drive) with you.
Studio Projects include:
- Creating videos for online instruction, such as MOOCs
- Creating videos for recruitment, training, or professional development seminars
- Creating ePortfolio materials or video essays
- Practicing your public speaking skills
- Using the green/blue screen to create visual effects
- Recording a group interview or podcast
- And many others...
- Access and Use of Audio, Video, and Simple Video Studios
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Insert Flash Drive
2. On the Computer, use the touch screen prompt to turn on the
3. Touch screen prompt “Start Recording” to begin filming
4. When you have completed filming, press “Stop Recording”
5. Wait for the .mp4 file to write to your Flash Drive
6. Remove Flash Drive
7. Touch screen prompt to turn off the lights
8. You are done
Robert J. Nelson
Media Studios Librarian